Friday, January 1, 2016

Happy New Year

It's a new year and people are making new year's resolutions that some will never keep.  I haven't really made any new year's  resolutions in a few years because I was never any good at keeping them. That's okay because they were never any good resolutions any way, not something that would make an impact on my life personally or even spiritually. This year I want to make one that will hopefully help me grow spiritually.

I had just got done reading the first entry in a new devotional (Coffee with God by Sarah Arthur) I started today and she speaks about how she has to write one devotional a day. (It's a different type of devotional book than I am used to.The author, Sarah Arthur talks right at the reader as I am with you all.) What she said about her having to write one devotional a day got me thinking: What if I try to write a blog post every day about anything spiritual that has been on my mind that day or something I think Jesus is convicting me about? If I blog every day, maybe by December 31, 2016 we can see if I had grown spiritually at all. Maybe something I post can be beneficial to another. I pray that God not only teaches me something in my walk with Him but also uses me to help another.

As I end here I want to share this passage. It's my wish for everyone this year.


‘May the Lord Bless you

    and protect you.
25 
May the Lord smile on you
    and be gracious to you.
26 
May the Lord show you his favor
    and give you his peace.’

-Numbers 6: 24-26 (NLT)


*Listening to Crabb Revival's Both Sides of the River. (Anyone who listens to Southern Gospel will know it.)

No comments:

Post a Comment