Monday, April 22, 2013

Cast all Your Anxieties on Him

Although the bible tells us constantly in different ways not to worry, yet, we all still worry about something in all forms. At least, I know I do.  I have been worrying a lot lately about my future.  Ever since I graduated from college in 2011 I have been having trouble finding a job.  I even went through four Employment agencies and still nothing.  I went to one more employment agency the week before Good Friday and recently they found me a position. It's just for this week, as I am subbing for a secretary that is on vacation this week.  I am thrilled to have the position and it will give me some sort of recent employment on my resume, along  with the experience. You would think I would not be worrying so much anymore, yet, I was still worry about what would become of me after this position ends on Friday. Will the temp agency find me another gig? Will they even find me something that is more that just a temporary assignment so the checks would keep coming in. It's very hard (and human) not to turn these worries over to Lord.  We want to be in control and confident of everything, at least I do.




Well, today while I was reading a book a quote from St. Francis was quoted in the book that I feel was something I needed to hear.  It went like this:

 Do not look forward to what may happen tomorrow; the same ever-lasting Father who cares for you today will take care of you tomorrow and every day.  Either He will shield you from suffering, or He will give you unfailing strength to bear it.  Be at peace, then, put aside all anxious thoughts and imaginations and say continually: "The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart has trusted in Him and I am helped.  He is not with me but in me and I in Him."

I truly needed to read that.  To happen to come across a quote from one of my patron saints on something the Lord knew I needed to see and meditate on comforts me so.  A lot of people may say it was just a coincidence, saying that quote was always in that book on page 280, but my response would be: what are the odds it would be a quote from one of my favorite saints, someone I would take notice of?  It was not like the author knew when she wrote the book that  I would be reading it at the same time I was worrying myself sick about my future. The Lord is wonderful. He knows exactly how to get his sheep's attention and to soothe their fears.

Has anyone of you been feeling weighed down with worry and anxiety during this time?  You are not alone.  Take whatever it is troubling you up to the Lord. He loves you and will take care of you.
As the scripture says, "Cast all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you."---I Peter 5:7

May the peace of the Lord be with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment